Position: Program Support Assistant
The Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC) is a coalition of individuals, organizations, and institutions working in the Atlantic region, which are committed to achieving global sustainability in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity, and participation for all. ACIC supports its members in international cooperation and education through collective leadership, networking, information, training and coordination, and represents their interests when dealing with government and others.
ACIC also takes a leadership role in engaging Atlantic Canadians around issues relating to international development, global sustainability, and social justice. Through our public engagement work, ACIC strives to give Atlantic Canadians the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to become active global citizens.
We currently have over 60 members, including national organizations and grassroots organizations from across the Atlantic Provinces. For more information, please refer to our website at www.acic-caci.org.
ACIC is looking for a responsible, experienced person for a contract position of Program Support Assistant. The Program Support Assistant will work with ACIC staff responsible for the areas of programming and communications and will:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Program Support Assistant will work with ACIC staff responsible for the areas of programming and communications and will:
- Provide logistical, training and administrative support to ACIC’s youth programs - including ACT 4 Global Change Conference and Ambassador Program and the International Indigenous Internship Program
- Assist with program promotion, recruitment and outreach activities to diverse audiences, including newcomer, Indigenous and visible minority youth
- Assist with logistics for annual general meeting and symposium, including youth engagement, a silent auction, registration, catering, travel arrangements, and follow-up work
- Develop educational resource materials on sustainable development and active global citizenship targeted to a youth audience (compile information, resources and activities)
- Assist with various communications activities, including social media, website updates, e-bulletins and blogs
- other activities as required
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Background/studies in international development, social sciences, environmental studies, event coordination, communications, public relations, education or equivalent
- Knowledge of global issues and relevant organizations working in the Atlantic Region
- Experience organizing logistics for workshops, conferences, or other events
- Experience publishing communications and educational materials
- Ability to establish professional relationships with the public
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with web platforms and social media (e.g. twitter, Facebook, Square Space, Instagram) and graphic design (Adobe, Canva)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - French an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently.
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the upcoming academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Location: Halifax, NS
Hours per week: 37.5
Application deadline: May 18, 2018 at 11:59 am, AST
Anticipated start date: June 4, 2018
Anticipated end date: August 31, 2018
Please submit your resume, cover letter, names and contact information of three references and where you heard about the job posting (in 1 document), by e-mail to email@example.com. Please also ensure that you indicate the job title in your subject line.
Thank you for applying. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
ACIC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring individuals who reflect the diversity of Canadian communities.