Forests Intl.’s mission is to fight climate change by empowering rural communities to thrive with nature. We embrace social enterprise as a tool for advancing this mission, and have created a number of businesses and organizations to grow our impact. Together, we save old forests and plant new forests. We bring clean energy and clean water to remote island communities. And we build supply chains connecting New Brunswick to London to Zanzibar in the most unlikely but transformative partnerships.
Together, we have created a place where good ideas become reality - and now we are building an ecosystem where good ideas can grow.
The Community Capital Officer will help Forests Intl. build out an ecosystem of mission-driven people and organizations by providing financial planning and management supports to partners around the world. They will work with a deeply collaborative team to:
Manage low-carbon investment opportunities . . .
Coordinate with social impact startups, the Financial and Consumer Services Commission of NB, and the public at large to mobilize new equity crowdfunding vehicles, specifically Community Economic Development Corporations (CEDC), in support of low-carbon economic development regionally.
Support data-driven decision making . . .
Help grow Forests Intl.’s in-house data collection and management platform, FieldVIEW, to include Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) linked to both individual and collective impact strategies within an emerging ecosystem of climate smart organizations and business.
Build regenerative financial plans . . .
Provide financial management and planning supports to members of the Ecosystem Collective, a multi-stakeholder cooperative for people and companies that put fighting climate change at the core of their mission.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assist organizations and companies in the fair trade and low-carbon sectors with capital raises, financial modelling, and sales with the goal of creating high-impact, low-carbon investment opportunities for the public at large.
• Develop and manage equity crowdfunding vehicles for social enterprise creation including New Brunswick’s Community Economic Development Corporations (CEDCs).
• Establish and manage a data collection and analysis system to track individual and collective impact, and guide strategic decision making for Ecosystem Collective members.
EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
• Mission driven to fight climate change and uphold Forests Intl.’s core values of trust, empowerment, and sustainable abundance.
• Ability to work effectively within and across diverse teams and sectors.
• Experience in business development, investment, and sales.
• Financial modelling, reporting, and management experience.
• Strong communication skills in writing and speaking.
• Data management and analysis experience, including Key Performance Indicator (KPI) design and analysis.
• Experience working or living in diverse cultures.
• 5+ years in finance or running your own business.
• B.B.A / M.B.A
• Experience developing and tracking Social Return on Investment (SROI) metrics.
• Track record of successful financial management for social impact.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV outlining your experience as it relates to this job description and provide an expected salary range for the position. Send materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Community Capital Officer’.
Forests Intl. is committed to diversity in our workplace and encourages applications from racially visible persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We hope that’s you : )