Hint: This afternoon's featured organization supports youth education in the smallest country on mainland Africa (Gambia).
Have you heard of it?
The Basics:Nova-Scotia Gambia Association or NSGA for short "is a major force in youth education in The Gambia. NSGA projects emphasize the concept of learning through active involvement. It uses drama and theatre, radio and community video shows, and peer education techniques to build healthy communities and to introduce its programs."
WHY WE LOVE NSGA:
- Their Executive Director began his journey with the organization 10 years ago as a beneficiary in The Gambia!
- They use their passions to raise money for their programs - ex. Love4Gambia running groups have raised over $35, 000 to date
- They promote minimal overhead costs as a registered charity promising donors that approx. 90% of donations go straight to their cause (projects in West Africa)
- One inspirational little man is making a difference...
- They've got less than 100 km on their Love4Gambia fundraiser Run. Keep track of em' via Facebook and a blog.
Read about any of our past featured organizations in the reMEMBER Campaign
Continue to spread the word about our members and the reMEMBER Campaign!
Join the conversation on twitter @ACIC. We're changing the campaign hashtag to #reMEMBERCampaign!
Stay tuned this week. Your organization just might be featured!