Hint: This feature member belongs to a larger confederation of 17 members in various countries around the world. Together they work to address the root causes of poverty.
You've probably guessed it...
The Basics: Oxfam Canada works "with partner organizations in developing countries; tackling the root causes of poverty and inequity and helping people to create self-reliant and sustainable communities."
We work in relationships of solidarity and partnership to eradicate poverty and injustice, with a focus on women’s rights and gender equality. Oxfam Canada is a founding member of Oxfam International, a confederation of 15 Oxfams worldwide. We work with over 100 partner organizations in twenty-eight countries around the world. Our core programs are located in the Americas, the Horn of Africa, Southern Africa, South Asia as well as our work here in Canada.
WHY WE LOVE Oxfam:
- Their creative means to engage citizens in reducing poverty. Check out Trailwalker...coming soon! Check out some other campaigns such as...
- Their reach worldwide and commitment to long-term advocacy...this is one organization COMMITTED
- Their approach believes that everyday citizens make the difference
i want to spend more time with the Oxfam:
- Blog-posts on everything from food security to comments on the arms trade treaty
- Reports + publications galore
Still not sure what this reMEMBER campaign business is all about?? Read this.
Continue to spread the word about our members and the #reMEMBER Campaign!
Join the conversation on twitter @ACIC