Hint: Today's organization describes themselves as an environmental/watershed group and hails from North Central Queens County, PEI.
I'm sure you've heard of them...
The Basics: The Wheatley River Improvement Group or WRIG is a "non-government, not-for-profit organization dedicated to protection and management of The Wheatley River, Cymbria, Chapel Creek, Oyster Bed Bridge, Hornes Creek and Lukes Creek Watersheds."
WHY WE LOVE WRIG:
- Check out the quote from their facebook page. There isn't a doubt that this organization is sure about what they stand for!
- Their vision + mission is just as clear as the water they seek to protect
- They work with a variety of partners from the Atlantic Salmon Federation to the De’Gaulahya’s Theatre Troupe in order to protect the wildlife of rivers + watersheds
"There can be no purpose more inspiriting than to begin the age of restoration, reweaving the wondrous diversity of life that still surrounds us."
- E.O.Wilson, The Diversity of Life
i want to spend more time with WRIG:
- Check out the strategic plan that guides all the organization does
- They even have a song to educate the public about the river!
Why the reMEMBER Campaign? Read this.
Continue to spread the word about our members and the #reMEMBER Campaign!
Join the conversation on twitter @ACIC