We certainly hope you're getting the chance to enjoy the beautiful sunshine!
Hint: This afternoon's feature believes in harnessing the power of EDUCATION to change the world. Their history dates back to the 1920s when after the first world war, they supported post-secondary students in Europe.
Can you guess?
The Basics: WUSC or World University Services of Canada believes that education changes the world. It is for this reason they "professionals, students, volunteers, faculty, and community leaders, " are "working together to find solutions and provide opportunities to the world’s most marginalized people." Through a variety of over 10 programs from the Student Refugee Program to the Leave for Change initiative, they are truly making a difference today.
WHY WE LOVE WUSC:
- They acknowledge that they are just a small piece of the solution
We acknowledge that our work is only one step in the development process. We provide educational and skill-building opportunities to people and partners who will use their knowledge and skills to support human development in their communities and nations.
- Reciprocity is a core value from the WUSC philosophy
- Their campaigns + programs offer people, especially university students, a tangible opportunity to provide for underprivileged youth
- There is always something going on!
i want to spend more time with the WUSC:
- The WUSC Student Refugee program is in need of more donors. Interested? They just need 89 more donors! That's it!
- Check out their extensive youtube channel
- Subscribe to the quarterly WUSC newsletter 'WUSC Connections'
Still not sure what this reMEMBER campaign business is all about?? Read this.
Continue to spread the word about our members and the #reMEMBER Campaign!
Join the conversation on twitter @ACIC