Hint: Like another one of our members, this member is also a part of Dalhousie university. You might know this member by its former name - Lester Pearson International (LPI).
The Basics: "In 2009, Lester Pearson International became International Research & Development (IR&D). This change is part of a larger initiative to streamline, integrate and improve the provision of services to researchers within the university community. IR&D is now one of the component units of the newly-created Dalhousie Research Services.
IR&D's mandate is to promote, facilitate and monitor Dalhousie’s institutional initiatives in international development and international research.
In support of this mandate, IR&D provides:
- promotion and facilitation of opportunities for international collaboration;
- project and proposal design and development;
- advisory support for the administration and implementation of successful projects;
- oversight for project administration, to ensure accountability (particularly financial); and
- an internal and external international liaison role for the university. IR&D's Director serves as the university's International Liaison Officer (ILO)."
WHY WE LOVE IR&D:
- an impressive list of projects on the go!
- they are a great resource of opportunities for anyone interested in international development
- even MORE opportunities!
- Find out more about Lester Pearson, the man after which this member was originally named
Read about any of our past featured organizations in the reMEMBER Campaign
Continue to spread the word about our members and the reMEMBER Campaign! 3 more days!
Be a part of our timely updates on twitter @ACIC #reMEMBERcampaign
Stay tuned this week. You might be our daily feature...