Today, we're featuring two environmental networks in the Atlantic region...Did you know that in 1980, all environmental networks belonged under one organization called the Atlantic Environmental Network? Brush up on some history.
Hint: This member's "mission is to connect environmental and health organizations together to conserve and enhance our natural environment and achieve a sustainable future for Nova Scotia. We know that we are stronger and can be more successful if we work together to achieve positive change."
Can you guess who it is?
The Basics: The Nova Scotia Environmental Network or NSEN is an NGO connecting environmental groups throughout Nova Scotia for the past 20 years. "The purpose of the NSEN is to provide support for its members in their efforts to achieve their environmental and health goals, by facilitating information exchange and by providing a medium for coordinated action plans."
WHY WE LOVE NSEN:
- We love to read and NSEN has a book club!
- Their commitment to their members. They love their members just as much as we do.
- A commitment to educating and empowering youth
- We love Janelle (post to come about Janelle! - she's second from the right in the photo below) who works part-time for ACIC and used to work with the NSEN
- Calling all bookworms, this is a dream.
- Attending their events is a full time job. There is no shortage of ways to be an activist for this planet!
Read about any of our past featured organizations in the reMEMBER Campaign
Continue to spread the word about our members and the reMEMBER Campaign! Only 2 more weeks left!
Be a part of our timely updates on twitter @ACIC #reMEMBERcampaign
Stay tuned this week. You might be our daily feature...