Hint: This organization is part of an international movement with 100 million volunteers worldwide! They are also co-hosting our 7th annual Move Your World Youth Conference with us! (We're accepting applications for Volunteers by the way!) We're proud to say that we were recently awarded the Red Cross Humanitarian award...but less about us...Who's today's feature organization?
The minute you catch a glance of their logo, you'll recognize them...
The Basics:Nova-Scotia's chapter of the Canadian Red Cross is part of an international movement called the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The work of the Red Cross is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people both in Canada and around the world. In Canada specifically, the focus is on "emergency response, first aid and water safety training, community health, family reunification, and other services in communities across the country."
Would it not be possible, in time of peace and quiet, to form relief societies for the purpose of having care given to the wounded in wartime by zealous, devoted, and thoroughly qualified volunteers?”
The Nova Scotia Region of the Canadian Red Cross boasts everything from first aid & CPR courses to violence & abuse prevention courses.
WHY WE LOVE the Canadian Red Cross:
- Though they are a huge organization, they can act immediately in an emergency due to some fundamental principles
- International recognition. People worldwide recognize their symbol as one of relief and protection no matter who you are
- Their rich and vibrant history
i want to spend more time with the Canadian Red Cross:
- Check out the larger movement they belong to. Spend some learning about what other regions and countries are facing
- Stay up to date with goings on in the Nova Scotia region and JOIN the conversation HERE
Read about any of our past featured organizations in the reMEMBER Campaign
Continue to spread the word about our members and the reMEMBER Campaign!
Join the conversation on twitter @ACIC. We're changing the campaign hashtag to #reMEMBERCampaign!