Hint: This institute is based out of the University of PEI in Charlottetown. They are concerned with all aspects of island life from culture and environment to the economy.
The Basics: The Institute of Island Studies, UPEI is a research, education, and public policy institute. There's a 4-point mandate to the work they do...
- To encourage a deep knowledge, understanding, and expression of Prince Edward Island;
- To serve as a bridge between the University and Island communities;
- To contribute to the formulation of public policy in Prince Edward Island;
- To undertake comparative studies of Prince Edward Island and other islands.
- The institute is very much a trendsetter in a discipline that is emerging here and around the world
- The institute has its own publishing arm, The Island Studies Press
- They have an online library! Score!
- The institute has made Island Studies an entire option with the choice to complete a Masters or a Bachelor minor in the discipline. UPEI is truly spearheading the way in this arena of study!
i want to spend more time with the Institute of Island Studies:
- Check out some books from the Island Studies Press
See who we featured yesterday.
Still not sure what this reMEMBER campaign business is all about?? Read this.
Have a great long weekend everyone! Thanks for all the support on this first week of our #reMEMBER Campaign!
P.S. Join the conversation on twitter @ACIC