Hint: This organization is our newest 'regular' member. Their work concentrates on the region of Bolivia.
Still not sure?
The Basics: The Ivar Mendez International Foundation seeks to remove "the barriers that separate Bolivian children from the potential of what they can become." Their mission is to "build human potential, leading to a better life and future in the Bolivian Andes." They currently operate 4 main programs: breakfast program, dental program, arts program, and a project called 'One Laptop per Child'.
Happily displaying their toothbrushes + toothpaste. Cavities are common amongst children and the town recently reached their first 100 children without cavities! Hurra![/caption]
WHY WE LOVE IMIF:
- Their vision surpasses simply providing a child with breakfast or a toothbrush. They aim "for the children of Bolivia to become the agents of change for long term prosperity in their communities."
- They believe that the children of Bolivia CAN become anything when they grow up...check out their CAN banners on their website.
- Great article from the globe + mail about IMIF
- You can love quinoa and cookbooks + support IMIF at the same time!
- Show them some facebook love and connect with other IMIF supporters
“I am a true believer that what makes life worth living is the contribution to others. And it has to be a contribution to the people who need it most and have the least...I don’t see this as a very extraordinary thing. In my mind, once you realize the tremendous inequality in the world, the next logical step is to do something about it.”
- Dr. Mendez, founder of IMIF
Stay tuned today...we're featuring another member later this afternoon!
See who we featured yesterday AND the day before.
Still not sure what this reMEMBER campaign business is all about?? Read this.
Join the conversation on twitter @ACIC